It’s about time for a second part of my underground facility project. If you haven’t seen the first part, go check it out! I’ve made nice and steady progress with the project and every time I open Unreal Engine I’m more excited about it!
Here’s some recent additions and changes I’ve made:
- Turned the default scene from day to night/evening
- Start up menu with play button, graphics settings and quit button
- In game menu with a couple of gameplay options (field of view and sensitivity)
- Staircase going up the mountain to the radio station
- Spotlight poles with godrays on the yard
- Red lights on radio tower
- Snow particle system, which follows the player and shuts down when player goes inside
- Entrance room for the underground facility (Work in progress)
- Lifting doors to separate tunnels from other facility sections (facility sections do not exist yet)
- Made a character blueprint and set up controls from scratch. Character can walk, crouch, use flashlight, open doors and jump.
I also packaged the game and shared it to friends, so that they can test the basic mechanics and I get feedback.
Plans for future:
- Finish facility entrance room
- Expand the landscape (sea, valley, background view)
- Add foliage meshes (stones, snow piles, trees)
- Ladder climbing system
- Facility sections (living quarters, surveillance/guard room, infirmary, cafeteria etc.)
Here’s a demo video of my project!